4/29/12

{the goo behind} the review

Just thought I'd share a pretty bad habit I decided to change recently! I have a lot of those, by the way, and the one I'm about to mention ain't serious or fatal. 

I am so stingy when it comes to buying products from brands I've never used before. Hair products, nail polish, face washes, dental care, vitamins, etc. Before I even pull my wallet out I'm googling my phone for a review on whatever product I have my hands on. And that's not the bad part of my habit, the bad part is this: if I see one bad review, I'm most likely to not buy the product. I know it sounds ridiculous and maybe I should at least give it 3, but hey, it's saved me money and has kept me close and loyal to the brands I frequently use.

But I've decided to snap out of it. Why? Because okay, let me give you a list of the brands I've used frequently and loyally in my lifetime:

  1. Clearasil this, Clean & Clear that.
  2. Pantene Pro-V this, Garnier Fructis that.
  3. Clinique, clinique, clinique.
  4. Lancome.
  5. John Frieda.
  6. Kirkland.
So this is how my life story goes. I buy acne and hair and whatever products at 14 just because they're $4 and I think they work. Then I get a real pimple so I buy Clinique which made it go away. Then my entire shower costs $80 and when I run out of product and don't have $35 for a 4oz bottle, I use Dove soap. And then I get highlights so instead of using whatever is $4 I buy John Frieda because its $6 (this is a habit I will never break, product sent to me from God). And then I let some stupid lady from the Lancome counter at Ulta hypnotize me and make me believe that I need a face wash and a foundation that cost $95 together. And then I run out so then I went to Target recently.

And the moral of my story is this. I wanted to buy Bumble & Bumble because The Man Repeller uses it and I want to be everything she is. But that was $25 and I just didn't want to buy it. So like the loyal John Frieda 'Go Blonder' girl I am, I bought that instead. But I am still out of face wash and using Dove soap. (ick.) So I pick up St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser and it smells SO GOOD. So what do I do? I Google the review, and guess what...it had 4 BAD REVIEWS! You're all like 'this chick is nuts' but hold your thought because, I bought it. And yea, I used it! And yea, it works!

Let me just re-state my moral: if you're like me, or should I say were like me, skip the review and just try it. Even though I should have known this before, everyone is different. So is everyones skin and everyones attitudes! (Most importantly). Besides, most places let you return the product if you actually hate it...and you need your $4 back. (Hey, we're all lookin' to save a dime or two). Learn from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...