4/27/12

{don't criticize} my style

To all 'men-repellers' and 'shy style showers', I have proof that not all men are intimidated by style! It's been known that unless you dress appealing, you're not going to attract an appealing man. Maybe a gay man, or a metro-man, but not a man-man. Men are intimidated by style and in turn usually criticize it 'til you change it, or forget you for the cookie-cutter J. Crew boring lady.

Has-ah! I have proof, I have proof! My most recent boyfriend of over a year now, in the beginning, constantly badgered me about my style. Anything destroyed I got, 'hey did you just walk through a fire?' Anything from the mens department he had no problem voicing that it made me look like a dyke. I mean, maybe then he had a point. But he was never intimidated.

Which is fine because what man doesn't want to be secure in his construction boot, flannel and Levi wearing manhood? Not my man for sure. But recently I've seen a difference.

I remember the first time I dragged him into Forever 21 and he almost started crying, same with Urban Outfitters and let's not even mention the meltdown in Marshall's. But in a recent trip to UO, he wanted to look at 'his stuff'. I didn't know what to think. We left and came back later with his trusty credit card and we were in the fitting room for hours.

Unfortunately I came down with the stomach flu shortly after, and the one glory moment of my relationship I had to cut short to hug my toilet. But trust me, I can shop in peace now! (At least in Urban). 

So all I'm saying ladies, don't be ashamed of your style and don't change yourself for anyone else, including your man. If he loves you he'll love whats inside, and if he loves you a lot he may even become inspired and start trying to keep up. Get him out of Kohl's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...